2-Sample Lead Testing Kit (posted)
This 2-sample version of our lead testing kit can be used to test for lead in:
- surface dust wipe
- water samples (two is the recommended number of samples to assess whether one tap is adding lead to the water)
- toy paint
- jewellery **
You choose what you sample, so be sure to let us know as you go through the cart which samples you would like to take so we can send you the relevant instructions and equipment.
Eggs? Yes, eggs can also be tested using this kit. Please order the Egg Preparation Add-On.
🔵 Note – if you can’t see the option you want on the dropdown list, please write your choice in the Order Notes at checkout. 🔵
2-Sample Lead Testing Kit (posted)
For your 2-Sample Lead Testing it, be sure to let us know in the comments section of the cart what you’d like to test so that we send you the relevant instructions and equipment from this list.
- 2 gloves
- 1 spatula
- 2 dust wipes
- 1 ziplock bag
- 2 plastic containers
- An adhesive address label to the lab: SAL PO Box 591 Seven Hills NSW 2147
Our 2-Sample Lead Testing Kit also includes:
- Laboratory analysis of 2 samples
- Written interpretation and comments of results (which we’ll email to you)
Want to test for extra metals?
If you’d like to have your samples analysed for extra metals (as well as lead), then please go here.
If you’ve got painted toys that children and/or pets play with, mouthe or suck, then we recommend testing the paint. There are a couple of options for this which are set out here.
- If you can scrape off some paint (any amount up to a total area of 3cm2), it can be tested for total lead.
- If you can’t scrape the paint off, then send the whole toy to the lab where it will be immersed in a mild acid (note, this will damage the toy paint and thus the toy should not be played with) then analysed for leachable lead.
Important Consideration if you are testing toy paint, there are 7 extra metals which are recommended for testing based on the Australian Toy Standards. Click here to order these, too.
Re Jewellery Leachate Samples
Jewellery can be prepared for testing for leachable lead. This is particularly recommended if a child has been mouthing or chewing on jewellery.
** Important this preparation can damage the jewellery. It is important to consider this, as there are no guarantees that it won’t. If you’d like it back after it’s been tested, be sure to send the sample in a Glad Seal Bag with a self-addressed postage-paid envelope/packaging inside so that the lab can return it to you after testing it.
Jewellery can also be tested for other metals. Click here to add them to your order.
Would you like a discount on your Kit?
To be eligible for the member’s discount, you must become a member and apply the coupon code we sent you once you reach the checkout area. Membership is $10 per annum for individuals and $132 per annum for organisations.
Use our 2-Sample Lead Testing Kit to test for lead if you –
- want to prevent lead poisoning
- have any reason to suspect that it is present in the soil, dust, or paint in your house
- intend to renovate
- have young children or intend having children.
- have water that doesn’t come from the mains supply: rainwater/tank water, bore water, dam water, ground water, or river water
- want to be sure that any products do not contain the level or leachable form of lead that would make them unsafe for use
Our lead test kits are the only ones available in Australia for testing a wide variety of samples at a lab (which charges us a charity rate so you pay less).
You take the samples and send them to Sydney Analytical Labs.
The lab analyses the samples, then we’ll explain the results.
|Options for 2-Sample Kit||
2-Sample Kit – I'll specify in the "Order Notes", 1 water + 1 other, 1 water + 1 dust wipe, 2 water, 1 dust wipe + 1 other, 2 dust wipes